A lot of doctors are too quick to tell you that you have a disorder when being diagnosed with certain types of anxiety. What is really going on is simply a bad habit that you have created. Everyone can create anxiety in their life, just by being in a situation that makes them feel anxious. […]
Alcohol and anxiety are inextricably linked for many people. It might come as a surprise, but alcohol is one of the biggest causes of anxiety attacks and panic disorder there is. While many of us use alcohol, in the form of a beer or two, or a glass of wine, to relax after a long […]
Taking a test, even if you prepared, can cause major stress for even the best of students. There are ways to alleviate the tension. The reason test anxiety can get so high is because usually tests count. Usually the people who go into test will little concern rarely do well on a test. Some worry […]
Worrying can be helpful when it spurs you to take action and solve a problem. But if you’re preoccupied with “what ifs” and worst-case scenarios, worry becomes a problem of its own. Unrelenting doubts and fears are paralyzing, not motivating or productive. They sap your emotional energy, send your anxiety levels soaring, and interfere with […]
IN THE US, almost half of the population is described as being in some way mentally ill, and 200 million prescriptions are written annually to treat depression and anxiety. These statistics have sparked a debate about whether people are taking more medication than is needed, for problems they may not have. Those who defend such […]
- Anxiety Disorders and Their Treatments
- 24 Ways to Brighten Your Morning
- Anxiety Medication Side Effects
- Treating and Managing Your Anxiety
- Is Exercise The ‘Miracle’ Anti-Depressant Remedy?
- Does Drinking Alcohol Increase Anxiety?
- Chinese Medicine for Anxiety – How Does It Work?
- Taking Anxiety Medications – A Few Things You Should Know
- Got social anxiety? Nine social skills that anyone can practice
- Recognizing the dangers of anti-depressant drugs
- Anxiety Attack Symptoms
- Anxiety Culture: How to Stop Worrying
- How a month and a half on Paxil taught me to love being shy
- Reduce your anxiety and panic attacks
- Some more info. on natural cures for anxiety
2/22/11 •Strategies to Prevent Test Anxiety
5/22/09 •Feeling Anxious? Relax! It’s Normal Sometimes
7/30/08 •Anxiety Medication Side Effects
1/09/08 •Chinese Medicine for Anxiety – How Does It Work?
12/05/07 •Reduce your anxiety and panic attacks